vmdsedit.dll Incorrect Version

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tomengers
Participant

vmdsedit.dll Incorrect Version

Post by tomengers »

Has anyone experienced the error named in the subject line? It occurs when trying to open a File or Sort or ??? stage in 8.0.1 on a 7.5 Server program which has been imported via dsx.

This issue is curious in that in our shop, three other developers are using the same Client software with no problem, but not me, so we suspect it has something to do with my laptop configuration settings.

Here is the full message:
"The incorrect version of vmdsedit.dll is installed:
Unable to obtain _CCustomStage interface (IID: '4f3a940-c886-46c-b325-74d49d1e6071')."

The developers who have no problem have the same version of this dll.

thanks ...

... tom
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you tried searching the forums for "vmdsedit.dll"? We just went through this with someone in the last few days.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
RThangaraj
Participant

Post by RThangaraj »

you can compare the vmdsedit.dll files from the other PC's. This file is located in the following location <install_location>\IBM\Information Server\Clients\classic folder. If they are different you can try to overwrite your's. The other way is to re-install the client version.
Thanks & Regards,
Raj
tomengers
Participant

Post by tomengers »

Thanks for the replies ... and yes, did a Forum search on vmdsedit.dll with no hits (two days ago ... let me try that again). We have compared dll's and they are identical, but my machine fails while other are working just fine.

... tom
RThangaraj
Participant

Post by RThangaraj »

Thanks & Regards,
Raj