Floating point Error in Prod

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iwin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Floating point Error in Prod

Post by iwin »

Hi All,
I am running a job in Production which sources the data from Oracle and i get the warnings: Floating point decimal is not fully supported: Adjusting the scale.
I ran the same job in Dev Server many times before moving it to prod but didnt get any of this warnings. I'm not sure if this is bcos of Prod and Dev servers not being consistent ??
Any Ideas please suggest!!!

Thanks in advance.
Every person you meet knows something you don't, Learn from them.
-- H. Jackson Brown
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search?

Floating point is not fully supported, because it can't be. Study the IEEE standards on storage of floating point numbers in computers to find out why.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
iwin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iwin »

ray.wurlod wrote:Search?

Floating point is not fully supported, because it can't be. Study the IEEE standards on storage of floating point numbers in computers to find out why.
Hi Ray,
Thanks for the info. But the job that i ran in Datastage dev server gave no warnings but when i run the same job in Datastage Prod box i get these warnings. I'm not sure why there is inconsistancy between Dev and Prod Servers??

Thanks
Every person you meet knows something you don't, Learn from them.
-- H. Jackson Brown
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did someone create a local message handler in development? (There will be an entry in the log showing near the beginning that a message handler was attached, and another near the end if one was used.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.