Datastage : teradata connector TPT stage erorr message

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

friend.kak@gmail.com
Participant

Datastage : teradata connector TPT stage erorr message

Post by friend.kak@gmail.com »

hi

I am facing a serious issue when I am designing my job, using the TPT connector at source level, I am trying to push the data and I am getting warning and error messages like this.

Warning:
Teradata Connector : IIS-CONN-DAAPI-----67 - Schema Reconcilation detected a size msimatch for field , XXXXX. When moving data from source field type USTRING(min=0,max=5) into target field type(.....)

Fatal:
Teradata Connector : IIS-CONN-DAAPI-----45 - Cannnot convert to framework type int32 (CC_PXAccessor :: setUnscaledByte, file CC_PXAccessor.cpp line 4813)
[/b][/b]
- Dev
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

It sounds like a bug. You should report the problem to IBM support.

The connector calls setUnscaledByte in cases where you are selecting a DECIMAL column that has a length of only 1 byte, i.e. a DECIMAL(1) or DECIMAL(2). As a work around, you could try casting the column to an INTEGER or a larger decimal. e.g.

SELECT CAST(DecimalColumnName AS DECIMAL(5)) FROM TableName
friend.kak@gmail.com
Participant

Fatal msg is not yet resoloved.

Hi,

Able to resolove the warning message but could not able to resolve FATAL message.

Teradata Connector : IIS-CONN-DAAPI-----45 - Cannnot convert to *framework type int32 *(CC_PXAccessor :: setUnscaledByte, file CC_PXAccessor.cpp line 4813)

Tried in multiple ways like, by casting at the source levels

unable to find out when exactly this msg is coming, primarily coming for Decimal and Timestamp meta data types.

Throwing the same message even after casting at the source levels while extracting.
But the same SQL is working correctly at the DB level but not from TPT.

Please reply if anyone got solution for this.

Thanks,
friend.kak@gmail.com
- Dev
friend.kak@gmail.com
Participant

Fatal msg is not yet resoloved.

Hi,

Able to resolove the warning message but could not able to resolve FATAL message.

Teradata Connector : IIS-CONN-DAAPI-----45 - Cannnot convert to *framework type int32 *(CC_PXAccessor :: setUnscaledByte, file CC_PXAccessor.cpp line 4813)

Tried in multiple ways like, by casting at the source levels

unable to find out when exactly this msg is coming, primarily coming for Decimal and Timestamp meta data types.

Throwing the same message even after casting at the source levels while extracting.
But the same SQL is working correctly at the DB level but not from TPT.

Please reply if anyone got solution for this.

Thanks,
friend.kak@gmail.com
- Dev
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

I suggest you report the issue through your IBM support channel. Be sure to include the DDL of the table from which you are extracting.