warnings in the Lookup stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arunkumar1111
Participant

warnings in the Lookup stage

Post by arunkumar1111 »

Hi
I'm getting the wraming as mentioned below

LKP_DenormLICS_ACL,0: Ignoring duplicate entry at table record 9; no further warnings will be issued for this table

How to avoid this warning
Thanks and Regards
Arun
Known is a drop and Unknown is an Ocean
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Remove duplicates from the reference input, or configure the Lookup stage to permit duplicates.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
premupdate
Participant

Post by premupdate »

Ray,

Am facing the same warning in lookup stage.I dont know how to configure the lookup stage as you have mentioned to configure it.Pls help me to resolve the problem of allowing duplicates in the lookup stage
regards,
prem
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On the Conditions page, where you set the rules for Conditional Lookup and Lookup Failed, there is also a dropdown list of reference input link names. You can choose to allow multiple rows to be returned from one reference input link.

If you want multiple rows to be returned from two reference input links you need two Lookup stages.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
premupdate
Participant

Post by premupdate »

Thanks for the reply.

But am not a premier member.Please let me know the answer in visible format.
Cheers,
prem
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please purchase premium membership, then my reply will be in "visible format" without me having to do anything at all!

Premium membership is one of the ways that the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange are defrayed. I do not intend to prejudice that funding by establishing a precedent of bypassing it.
OddJob
Participant

Post by OddJob »

As an alternative to paying for the membership, you could always try reading the manual :roll:

Parallel Job Developer's Guide, Look Up stage, details on Lookup Stage Conditions dialog.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Perish the thought. Besides, I'm sure that was the first prong of the attack on the problem, people only come here as a last resort when all other avenues have been exhausted... right?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
OddJob
Participant

Post by OddJob »

You poor naive person!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:lol:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsdevper
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsdevper »

Hi Arun....

I recommend you to take the premium membership..Its worth and you will not be dissapointed by the responses...
horserider
Participant

Post by horserider »

Lookup Source should only have 1 record per lookup key from the transformer. Ideally lookup should only match on 1 row in the lookup source and return that row only.

Fix your source and see there is only 1 row per primary key.

Note: Please get premium membership. I have been a premium member
and tell you what? You won't regret it.
ambasta
Participant

Post by ambasta »

Use a remove duplicate stage in ur reference link..I t will resolve the issue
ambasta
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Ray, the Multiple Reference Link drop down allows you to set only one reference link as returning multiple rows. Can you set multiple reference links pointing to the same lookup stage to return multiple rows?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.

That would getting into Cartesian product territory. "They" thought that that would be a Bad Thing.

You can use more than one Lookup stage. But you still risk generating a Cartesian product.