Problem with KeyChange column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

swathi Singamareddygari
Participant

Problem with KeyChange column

Post by swathi Singamareddygari »

Hi all,

I am using a sort stage in my parllel job.And i set Create keyChange column to true.I am using this key change column in the constraint of a link which is going to a load in to a particular table.

I am getting error as

Field keyChange in the input was not found in the db table EDWD2.EDW_JOB_ERR_DTL, and the -drop option was not specified.

Can any one please help me.

Thanks for ur help

Regards

Swathi S
Thanks&Regards
S.Swathi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Setting this property causes an additional column (called "keyChange" by default, though you can choose any name for the column; the column name is the value of the property) to be output from the stage. You are propagating this additional column through to your database table, but no column called "keyChange" exists in your DB2 table. Either don't propagate the keyChange column through to the database table, or add a column of that name to the table. I suspect that the former is the preferred approach. I suspect you have runtime column propagation enabled and have been caught by it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.