SCD stage output

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rumu
Participant

SCD stage output

Post by rumu »

Hi All,

I attended DX444(IBM Trainer) training last week as per our project requirement.
Though new SCD stage feature was not part of the training,it was given in the courseware and I implemented the SCD type 2 using this stage in this training and found following which is really strange to me as well as to trainer:

1)I have used SCD stage to implement a SCD type 2 Product dimension and mentain all the steps mentioned in the LAB exercise.
2)What I found in the Dimension table that,the output is simply resembling TYPE 1 change that is if any attribute of an existing records get changed,the new value only updated in the table ,old records ie the records with CURR Indicator='N' is lost.

I am not sure whether it requires any patch to be installed(trainer was also not sure) but it really seems strange..

Any one could throw light upon this ?

regards,

Rumu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What version are you using, and what FixPack levels have you already applied?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rumu
Participant

Post by rumu »

ray.wurlod wrote:What version are you using, and what FixPack levels have you already applied? ...
Hi Ray,

I am using DS 8.0.1 verson and FixPack level not sure as trainer was not sure and that software is installed in VMWARE...

Rumu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I can't really check this until next time I teach DX444, which is unlikely to be before November. Your trainer should, however, be able to solve this.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rumu
Participant

Post by rumu »

ray.wurlod wrote:I can't really check this until next time I teach DX444, which is unlikely to be before November. Your trainer should, however, be able to solve this. ...
Ideally she should resolve this but she keeps on telling that SCD stage is out of scope for training DX444 hence she is unable to say anything......

The patch FP1a is applied also.

Regards,

Rumu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is your instructor certified in exam 415?
rumu
Participant

Post by rumu »

ray.wurlod wrote:Is your instructor certified in exam 415? ...
She did the certification on DS version8..:)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's a good trick. There's no such certification for DataStage mentioned on the IBM web site - currently the only version 8 certification mentioned there is Information Analyzer.
platonfi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by platonfi »

DataStage v. 8.0.1 fixpack 1a Windows/AIX/Linux

There was a problem (bug) related to SCD stage with the setup above. However there is a patch e121091_v2 available from support and now it seems to work as it should.