XML INPUT

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML INPUT

Post by Nagaraj »

Can anybody confirm me below details?

1. Can i use XML input stage to define as an input for the XSD file i have?
2. Can i Use below mentioned stratergy to develop a job like

Xml input ----> Transformer---------> XML output
and expose this as a webservice and allow for TIBCO to invoke the webserice by providing the message( which has input data in XML format)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

1. Yes.
2. Not quite. Perhaps:

Code: Select all

WISD Input --> XML Transformer --> Transformer --> XML Transformer --> WISD Output
Now, maybe XML Input / Output in place of the XML Transformers but for whatever reason I ended up using them (the XML Transformers) instead. And you many not need the XML Output if you'd rather "manually" build the return message in the transformer, assuming it is simple enough to do that.

So, this service would take XML from TIBCO and return XML to them? What action would the service take on said xml input? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Another interesting characteristic in this scenario is whether you are talking about having TIBCO be a pure "SOAP Client" for Web Services, or whether you are expecting to read from a TIBCO JMS or Rendevous queue with XML in it....... those two mechanisms have "similarities", but could also be vastly different from execution to content of their "ultimate" payloads....... please provide some more details.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

WISD

Post by Nagaraj »

chulett wrote:1. Yes.
2. Not quite. Perhaps:

Code: Select all

WISD Input --> XML Transformer --> Transformer --> XML Transformer --> WISD Output
Now, maybe XML Input / Output in place of the XML Transformers but for whatever reason I ended up using them (the XML Transformers) instead. And you many not need the XML Output if you'd rather "manually" build the return message in the transformer, assuming it is simple enough to do that.

So, this service would take XML from TIBCO and return XML to them? What action would the service take on said xml input? :?
Here is what is the case,
we will be getting message from the tibco message queue(in xml format) we need to process it and give back the message saying "SUCCESS" (in xml format may be)

Note:- The message is nothing but a set of records,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to define what 'process it' means. That and answer Ernie's questions.
-craig

Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

eostic wrote:Another interesting characteristic in this scenario is whether you are talking about having TIBCO be a pure "SOAP Client" for Web Services, or whether you are expecting to read from a TIBCO JMS or Rendevous queue with XML in it....... those two mechanisms have "similarities", but could also be vastly different from execution to content of their "ultimate" payloads....... please provide some more details.

Ernie
No we are not reading anything from the TIBCO, instead they will call our job thru a message as a request.which would be exposed as a webservice
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Another interesting characteristic in this scenario is whether you are talking about having TIBCO be a pure "SOAP Client" for Web Services, or whether you are expecting to read from a TIBCO JMS or Rendevous queue with XML in it....... those two mechanisms have "similarities", but could also be vastly different from execution to content of their "ultimate" payloads please provide some more details.

>>> Tibco is going to call our web service!
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Ok then... forget about "queues". Tibco will simply be a SOAP client. Then Craig's job, as defined, will be what you'll want... and here are a few more specifics filled in:

a) you'll have one big giant char or varchar column as your single column on the link from the initial WISDInput Stage, and one similar column as the single column on the output lnk going into WISDOutput.
b) This column will contain the XML payload that is placed into this column by the calling SOAP client.
c) Consider using Server for this task...it is more flexible if/when the payload being discussed gets really large.
d) hopefully you won't need XMLTransformers but can do this with XMLInput near the WISDInput source, and XMLOutput near the WISDOutput target...

Keep in mind that the WSDL will be very simple...just a single large char for the argument (Message Part). The TIBCO client will put the payload of standard XML into this single column [that's a bit different from having a complex SOAP body represented in the XML, but that's a larger and lengthier discussion].

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

chulett wrote:You need to define what 'process it' means. That and answer Ernie's questions.
At least you answered Ernie's questions. :?
-craig

Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Thanks for the information.

The Design is something like this?

Wisd Input ---> Xml input---> Xml Transformer-->xml output ---wisd output

I am sorry, i dont know what you mean by Craig's job!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The job design that stupid Craig guy posted.
-craig

Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

There are millions of posts by him, cant find the one which i want.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:roll: Him is me.

Dude, it's the first reply you got to your problem here.
-craig

Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Yeah i know that :lol: :lol:

Have done that, now the thing is the Input columns are appearing in a tabular format and moreover the inpout soap message is having data containing to four tables, how do i seperate this from wisd input?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Look at the post above carefully...there should only be ONE single column on the link from WISDInput....and likewise only ONE single column on the output....the WSDL will then have one column input and one column output.

...test the job using a FolderStage at the front, and Sequential at the end...... change it over to WISD only after you have proven its functionality.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!