How to send emails from Sequencers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

horserider
Participant

How to send emails from Sequencers

Post by horserider »

I have two types of Sequencers, lets call them

Child Sequencers and Parent Sequencers.

(1)
The Child Sequencer that calls a job and some routine is sending emails when any exception/abort occurs anywhere within that Sequencer. I am using the Termination Activity Stage besides each stage and finally using the Exception Handler stage that goes to a notification activity stage in all such sequencers.

(2)
Now all the above sequencers are called one after another using another Master Sequencer, here Parent Sequencer. In this sequencer I have a terimination activity stage for all sequencers I am calling and then finally an exception handler that send email notifications.

Problem.

When an error/abort happens in any of the CHILD Sequencers, the Parent Sequencer is aborting properly but no emails are being sent. It is not able to execute the exception handler but just executes the Termination Activity to stop all jobs.

Question

How to I make this Master Sequencer (Parent) to also send me an email if an abort happens in any of the called Child Sequencers?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'd need to send the email(s) then call the Terminator, is that what you are doing?

ps. It's a Sequence job (no 'r') the Sequencer is a specific object in a Sequence job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
horserider
Participant

Post by horserider »

Ammm hmmmm, yes

That's what I am doing in the Child Sequence but I am only using the Terminator in the Parent Sequence.

Once I add the notification activity before the Terminator in Parent Sequence, I will get the emails.

Thanks a bunch! You made my day !!!
4492_dsnoel
Participant

Re: How to send emails from Sequencers

Post by 4492_dsnoel »

You can choose the Notification activity icons in the JOb sequencer stage...in there you may define the emails that will sent emails alerts.