Using Env variables in SCD stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RudreshEswarappa
Participant

Using Env variables in SCD stage

Post by RudreshEswarappa »

Hi,

i want to parameterise the filenames in the SCd stage where, for surrogate key generation a flat file is used and the source name is set to the name of the file using which this key is generated.

I used a ENV variable for filename and there was a compilattion error. But when using a job parameter the job executed without problem.

In the job, i have declared the env varible as #$FileName#='c:\filename' and job parameter as #FileName#='c:\filename'

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Clarence.
Rudresh Eswarappa
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

Contact your support, their are patches for this issue.
RudreshEswarappa
Participant

Post by RudreshEswarappa »

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the reply.

1a is aleady installed in the system. Do we need t install any other patch along with this. Or Could there be any other reason for this error.
Rudresh Eswarappa
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

JR29536 is a patch to be applied to FP1(a), support should tell you this if you explain your issue, and also look for superceding patches.
You may still find areas of the SCD editor that do not support env. vars, in which case you would raise a support ticket, or use GetEnvironment("envvar") as a workaround, if that part of the editor supports it.