Integer Conversion warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Integer Conversion warning

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi,
I am getting the following warning in the modify stage .How do i handle this type of conversion . can i demote a data type from its higher width to lower width? any clues to remove this warning

Code: Select all

Implicit conversion from source type "int64" to dest type "int32": Possible range limitation.
Regards
Ragu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search?

Use an appropriate conversion function (if no implicit conversion will occur) and also add a specification to the Modify stage to suppress generation of the warning.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Hi,
There is no conversion function exists for int64 to int 32 conversion .. I had a look in the parallel job developer guide as well as i have searched the forum .....

Any clues please
Regards
Ragu
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Hi ,
Also there is a mistake in my issue specification . Actually i am using the change capture after the modify stage . The After and Before datasets are not in their proper metata. . I am converting the After dataset metadata ( which is extracted from mainframe) using the modify stage to be in sync with the before dataset medata(Oracle extract).

in mainframe its integer( 8 ) and in oracle its Decimal(10,0)....(but during the import of the oracle metadata into the manager its showing it as bigint and hence the stage also has bigint)

Hence the Warning .... There are no conversion functions available in the parallel job developer guide ....
Regards
Ragu
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Any clues on the post
Regards
Ragu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's not really an issue. The alert can be ignored or demoted if you are totally certain that the values coming in the larger structure will fit in the smaller, and if you are not 100% certain of that then you have to take steps to ensure that any too large value is rejected rather than causing an access violation.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ragunathan Gunasekaran wrote:Any clues on the post
This kind of post is totally unnecessary and, done too much, offensive. You are very close to "too much". Please desist.

If you want guaranteed quick response, that can be had, but not for free.

You haven't even shelled out for premium membership!