Don't want to abort job due to integrity constraints or any

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

getsatish_gk
Participant

Don't want to abort job due to integrity constraints or any

Post by getsatish_gk »

Hi,

Job fails While loading into oracle table if referential integrity for some records could not meet, thats fine. i can take those records into peek stage.

But i don't want to abort the job. :oops:

I am using reject records=true at oracle enterprise stage and passing into sharecontainer where it logges into some other table.

Please advice.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Prevention is better than cure. Rows that would cause a referential integrity violation should never reach Oracle.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
getsatish_gk
Participant

Post by getsatish_gk »

Don't even want to insert those records instead i am happy to collect in peek stage. but can affort to abort the job.
I hope you have the answer for this. :cry:
getsatish_gk
Participant

Post by getsatish_gk »

I mean, Don't want to abort the job
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no such thing as "collect in Peek stage".

Your ETL stream should (must) check that RI will not be violated. End of story. What you do with those rows is immaterial, so long as you don't send them to the target table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.