job failure with no warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

job failure with no warnings

Post by hobocamp »

I'm hoping someone might have run into this already, though I don't see any postings about it so far.

We've been getting very random job failures where no warnings at all appear in the job logs. The only indication of an error occurs in the final few lines of the log, where, after the normal processing has completed, the "resetting job" information suddenly appears.

Previously, this error had occurred only with multi-instance jobs, but last night occurred with a regular "once a night" job.

We've only been seeing this type of problem since upgrading to v.8, so it makes me wonder if it's some type of bug. I've opened a case with IBM, but so far they haven't come up with anything.

Thanks for any advice.
Tom
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Server job (as marked) or parallel job (as posted) or both?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hobocamp »

i'm goint to mark this topic as Resolved, though it actullay isn't. But i've more accurately described the problem in a topic called Java Issues with DataStage.