HOw TO REMOVE Read ONLY ACCESS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradeep_nov18
Participant

HOw TO REMOVE Read ONLY ACCESS

Post by pradeep_nov18 »

Hi Experts,

How to release the job from read only mode(itseems to be job will be in read only when datastage job not properly closed).I am using common ID.
pradeep.v
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Record the identity of the owner, which is revealed when the "job locked" message box is displayed. Using the Web Console for Information Server choose Session Management and disconnect that particular session, provided that it does not belong to a currently valid user.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pradeep_nov18
Participant

Post by pradeep_nov18 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Record the identity of the owner, which is revealed when the "job locked" message box is displayed. Using the Web Console for Information Server choose Session Management and disconnect that particul ...
Hi Ray,

Can you be some what how to do these or You mean to say in Cleanup resources,I have to delete the pid of the job which has locked.But i have tried these nothing went as expected.In my project all are using the common Id for logon for the datastage......
pradeep.v
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's completely different in version 8, which is why I told you to use the Web Console for Information Server.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pradeep_nov18
Participant

Post by pradeep_nov18 »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's completely different in version 8, which is why I told you to use the Web Console for Information Server. ...
Thanks for the reply Ray,

since i am unable found the option in Ver8.0.1 please let where exactly it is found.

Thanks
pradeep.v
pradeep_nov18
Participant

Post by pradeep_nov18 »

ray.wurlod wrote:It's completely different in version 8, which is why I told you to use the Web Console for Information Server. ...
Thanks for the reply Ray,

since i am unable found the option in Ver8.0.1 please let where exactly it is found.

Thanks
pradeep.v
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There may be an icon on your desktop.

Otherwise open Internet Explorer (version 6 or higher) and put the name and port number (9080) of Information Server into the address bar.

Code: Select all

http://hostname:9080