Extracting Job Logs from director using unix shell script

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

reshmakr
Participant

Extracting Job Logs from director using unix shell script

Post by reshmakr »

Please let me know how to extract latest datastage job logs from the director using unix shell scripting.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Research the dsjob command ("command line interface") in the Parallel Job Advanced Developer's Guide or Server Job Developer's Guide (both of which are installed with your DataStage client software).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
singhald
Participant

Post by singhald »

Hello Resham,

you can use the below command

dsjob -logsum #PrjectName# #JobName#

it will give you the datastage director log.

Regards,
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but the question also specified "latest" job entries. So you should have mentioned the other log options of the dsjob command.

But if reshmakr researches the command a number of benefits will accrue, including a better learning outcome because of the active learning involved, and the added skill of learning where to look.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.