Teradata Connector Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shershahkhan
Participant

Teradata Connector Stage

Post by shershahkhan »

I am trying to insert/update data through a view but the problem is that when we try do multiload insert(Append mode), Datastage create a temp table with the following query Create Table TempTable AS ViewName WITH No Data; so the datastage fails that ViewName is not a table while in Enterprise stage it use the statement Create Table TempTable AS Select * From ViewName; to create this temp table. Is there any trick to do some work around with Teradata connector stage so that it can insert into View when using Multiload mode in Teradata Connector.
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

You are not using the Update operator (MultiLoad), you are using the Load operator (FastLoad). Check the Load type property in the Teradata Connector and set it to Update. The Load operator (FastLoad) does not support loading views, but the Update operator (MultiLoad) does.
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

The other option if you prefer to use the Load operator (FastLoad) is to load a temporary staging table, and then specify an INSERT...SELECT statement in the After SQL property to copy the data from the staging table to the target view. You can create the staging table using the Table action property.
shershahkhan
Participant

Post by shershahkhan »

Yes i have implemented the 2nd option but i thought maybe there is a way to tell DS how it create the temp table itself.