PX_Debug variable - Help required

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSDexter
Participant

PX_Debug variable - Help required

Post by DSDexter »

Hi All,

Previously I had raised some questions regarding the swap memory usage in son solaris, as our jobs were failing. We had logged a ticket with IBM regading this, The engineer asked us to run the job using PX_Debug(=1) environment variabe. Hence this variable was setup on our project.

Now that the case has been resolved We have removed the variable from the project. But if I go through the job logs I cans still see the information a lot of information being displayed into it.

How do I get rid the effects that PX_Debug has done to the project environment.

Will a Server reboot work for this or is there anything else need to be done?
Thanks
DSDexter
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Has $PX_DEBUG been brought into any jobs as a job parameter?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSDexter
Participant

Post by DSDexter »

Nice Catch Ray, I had created a dummy job for the IBM guys, So that they'll get the necessay info. And that job still exist in the project. This job has PX_Debug variable as a job parameter.

If I delete this job from the project, Will this issue be resolved?
Thanks
DSDexter
dsdeveloper13
Participant

Post by dsdeveloper13 »

Just having a job in the project should not effect the output of all the jobs. There might be something else at work here.
DSDexter
Participant

Post by DSDexter »

dsdeveloper13: I had this same issue with out test environment. I removed the job from there and I am not facing this issue any more in test.

So as of now I can think of this as solution to my query. Although I will still wait for experts comment from Ray :lol: for the comment you raised.
Thanks
DSDexter
dsdeveloper13
Participant

Post by dsdeveloper13 »

That is interesting.
Would like to see others' opinions and experiences.

[quote="DSDexter"]dsdeveloper13: I had this same issue with out test environment. I removed the job from there and I am not facing this issue any more in test.

So as of now I can think of this as solution to my query. Although I will still wait for experts comment from Ray :lol: for the comment you raised.[/quote]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSDexter wrote:Nice Catch Ray, I had created a dummy job for the IBM guys, So that they'll get the necessay info. And that job still exist in the project. This job has PX_Debug variable as a job parameter.

If I delete this job from the project, Will this issue be resolved?
Clearly and definitely "maybe". Is $PX_DEBUG in any other job as a job parameter? How can you be sure? Is PX_DEBUG set in Administrator? Is PX_DEBUG set in dsenv or some other setup script?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSDexter
Participant

Post by DSDexter »

Ray,

There is a single job that has this parameter. No other job in the project has this parameter.

Yes it was added as a custom environment variable in the administrator, But has been removed now.

No The parameter has not been added anywhere else, except the administrator.
Thanks
DSDexter
Roopanwita
Participant

Post by Roopanwita »

Hi,

Can you please check the same parameter in DSParams file for that project... :)
If it is there you can remove it.
Hope this will help you out! :wink:

Thanks,