uint64 error using surrogate key generator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

greggknight
Premium Member
Premium Member

uint64 error using surrogate key generator

Post by greggknight »

Surrogate_Key_Generator: When checking operator: When binding input interface field "MaxKey" to field "MaxKey": Implicit conversion from source type "int64" to result type "uint64": Possible range limitation.

this is my sql in an ODBC stage
=====================
select cast (ifNull(Max(#Column_Name#),0) as BIGINT)as MaxKey from #JobSeqn_Parms.Update_Lib#.#Dim_Name#

MaxKey is defined as a BigINT in the ODBC stage and the Surrogate Key Generater stage
They are the only two objects in the job which is selecting from a DB2 on iSeries

This is a warning but I do not run code with warnings in prod ????

Any Ideas
"Don't let the bull between you and the fence"

Thanks
Gregg J Knight

"Never Never Never Quit"
Winston Churchill
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is an alert message. Negative int64 values will not be correctly represented as uint64. You can force the data type to be int64 everywhere, or demote this warning to informational - because of what you are doing you know it will never be a negative number.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
greggknight
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by greggknight »

ray.wurlod wrote:This is an alert message. Negative int64 values will not be correctly represented as uint64. You can force the data type to be int64 everywhere, or demote this warning to informational - because of ...
I have tried it defining maxkey as an integer, I get the same warning.
What would I have to set to demote the message from warning to info.

Thanks
Gregg J Knight

"Never Never Never Quit"
Winston Churchill
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Go into your job log, right click on the warning message, and choose "add rule to message handler". A local message handler is specific to this job. You can also create named message handlers that you can attach to multiple jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
greggknight
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by greggknight »

ray.wurlod wrote:Go into your job log, right click on the warning message, and choose "add rule to message handler". A local message handler is specific to this job. You can also create named message handlers that y ...
Thanks, that suppresses the warning just fine, though that is a jerry rig. The root problem needs fixing.... I have a few others that are like these as well. Maybe I will collect them and submit them to IBM ......

Again thanks for the tip....

Thanks
Gregg J Knight

"Never Never Never Quit"
Winston Churchill