Version 8 Admin Class

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Version 8 Admin Class

Post by ccatania »

Has anyone heard when IBM plans on making the Administrator class for Version 8 available.

Their training schedule only list the Vers 7.5 admin class. I thought this class would have been available by now..oops I almost forgot this is IBM's product now.
:wink:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I've heard that it's planned, but no-one has committed to a date.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

So how much change is there in terms of administration from 7.5 and 8? I haven't had any admin training, but would like to. Can I get away with a 7.5 class (because I could potentially take it sooner) or should I wait for the v8 training? We will be on v8 in the next few months.

Thanks!

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's HUGELY different, which might explain the delay in getting an Admin class out the door. The "within DataStage" stuff hasn't changed all that much, but user authentication is now managed through Information Server as is session (and therefore lock) management, plus there's the central metadata repository.

As you are probably aware from DSXchange, the installation process is potentially full of gotchas also.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Since we are in the midst of trying to get v8 installed on a test server, are there any recommended postings we should check?

.... maybe I'll start a new posting so I don't detract from this one...

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.