Reading from oracle enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reading from oracle enterprise stage

Post by cnu »

Hi:
I am getting the below error when i am reading the data from oracle.

Orc_Rtetrieve_Rgw: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "TRN_NUMBER" to field "TRN_NUMBER": Implicit conversion from source type "string[max=40]" to result type "int32": Converting string to number.

datatype is NUMBER(8) in oracle stage.

Thanks in advance.
cnu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's the data type in Oracle table itself? VARCHAR2(40)? Make the metadata in your design match what's actually in the table. You do this by importing the table definition and never editing it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cnu »

Thanks Ray!

The Oracle source column TRN_NUMBER, datatype is NUMBER(8).

and also i am getting below warning, TRN_NUMBER is not NULL in source and Target,but its giving the following warning.

Orc_Rtetrieve_Rgw: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "TRN_NUMBER" to field "TRN_NUMBER": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
a fatal runtime error could occur; use the modify operator to
specify a value to which the null should be converted.

Please advice me.
Thanks cnu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get the null handling right. Then tell us where the VarChar is in your job design that is generating the message in your original post.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cnu »

TRN_NUMBER in Source NUMBER(8) ,Oracle database.
TRN_NUMBER in Target is int,SQLSERVER database.
both are NOT NULL columns.

I am using Oracle enterprise stage in source and DRS stage in Targetside.
Its giving below warning.
Orc_Rtetrieve_Rgw: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "TRN_NUMBER" to field "TRN_NUMBER": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
a fatal runtime error could occur; use the modify operator to
specify a value to which the null should be converted.
Thanks
cnu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. Prove that they are NOT NULL (a DESCRIBE would do, but the record schemas from the imported table definitions would be even better).

2. Tell us what stage types you have in your job. In particular, since the error message appears to mention a modify operator, do you have a Modify stage in the job? Posting the generated OSH will tell us what you're trying to do.

3. What stage type is Orc_Rtetrieve_Rgw ? I suspect it is the stage that selects rows from Oracle. It is here that the problem is being detected.