Sqlserver Stored Procedure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sqlserver Stored Procedure

Post by snt_ds »

I have a job in which stored procedure will be called and output of stored proc will be sent to further process.
Stored Proc will take 2 arguments as input and provides the output in 2 arguments.
Input arg : startdate and enddate
Output are : ABC and XYZ.
Please let me know which stage (STP or ODBC) to use to call sql server stored procedure.

Thanks in Advance
filename.txt
Participant

use stored procedure stage

Post by filename.txt »

Use Stored Procedure stage and you have a option for SQL Server as one of the vendors, Try it...
Since your requirement has both input and output you cannot use ODBC stage.

Follow this Link
Thanks.

"Creativity is the ability to use your available resources to their fullest."
snt_ds
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snt_ds »

We are using STP stage but we are having problem while selecting multiple records as output. Its working fine for a single record output.

Thanks in Advance
rsiem
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rsiem »

snt_ds wrote:We are using STP stage but we are having problem while selecting multiple records as output. Its working fine for a single record output.

Thanks in Advance
I've been having tonnes of issues with it too. Passing parameters to a stored proc seems to be a no go for me using the Stored Procedure stage. As well, sometimes the ODBC Enterprise stage works fine for me and sometimes it can't see the field names. Bizarre. And other times both the ODBC Enterprise stage AND the Stored Procedure stage fail.

Data Direct, on their web site, claim their most recent version supports SQL Server 2005, but I wonder if the version that is included with Datastage has some issues with SQL Server 2005.