error updating secondary indicies

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bryan
Participant

error updating secondary indicies

Post by bryan »

hello

I got my datastage project corrupted when I was creating it through administrator and lost network connection. When I tried to delete it through administrator, it would not let me saying, "account does not appear to be datastage project". I was able to create a brand new project with no problem.

Then I read the many posts and responses, in this forum and did (drop/insert/verify) in the uv shell. Was able to delete the corrupted project successfully.

But after done the above, cannot create a new datastage project. Get "error updating secondary indicies" error message. Am able to login in current projects and run jobs successfully.

As root, gave 777 for the datastage file system, it did not help. so its not permission issue as some of the posts expected it would be.

any ideas please?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Is the DataStage project UNIX directory being created? If you attach there, what are the file ownership and groups? Perhaps your user with which you create the project has incorrect umask settings?
bryan
Participant

Post by bryan »

Hi Andrw

No, the directory does not get created. When I click "Add project" in administrator, the status bar tells
copying files, then
updating project indices, right at that moment, I get
error updating secondary indices

I did check the umask and strangely, it was 077 in the user profile (smit). wonder if it got changed when i did "verify.sql all". Changed it to 002 and bounced the datastage service. but still the same error.
bryan
Participant

Post by bryan »

I am not getting response from IBM support.

I was wrong. It is creating the project directory with all the regular files inside it. I also checked the UV.SCHEMA, it looks good. However, for UV_ACCOUNT, I see the regular entries except for the OWNER. The OWNER value is blank for the project I am trying to create but there are entries for the remaining projects.

I was able to see the above, by not clicking on "ok" in the error prompt box. Once I click on ok, all the new directory is gone.

History:
I also have to tell, as part of the original problem, when I got disconnected from the network while creating a new project, there was no OWNER once I logged back in, in order to delete the project, I searched in the forum and saw the code by Ray in one of the post

"ED UV.ACCOUNT Project2
LOAD Project1
G11
R /usr/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/Project2
FILE"

It copied and pasted the OWNER info from old project "Project2" to the new project "Project1". Only through this, I was able to delete that project.

But now I cannot create any new project. I am not blaming anyone, I am trying to understand the problem.
platonfi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by platonfi »

Hi! I am working with Enterprise Edition 8.0.1 and I tried to create new project, but I got a message: "error updating secondary indicies". Does anyone to know,what cause this problem and how can I solve it?

br Minna
platonfi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by platonfi »

Hi! I solved my problem, I didn't give any path, where I want to create project. Need to click browse button and define right directory path. :lol: