MYSQL - ODBC -windows xp under VMware - will only load 1 row

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pclarebu
Premium Member
Premium Member

MYSQL - ODBC -windows xp under VMware - will only load 1 row

Post by pclarebu »

Hi,

getting a little frustrated.

I am using the mysql odbc 5.1 driver and the 3.1 driver for that matter and I am just doing a simple test job loading in 10 rows with a couple of fields and it will only load 1 row. The datastage job runs fine - no errors - monitor shows 10 rows passing through all stages but only 1 row gets in.

If I run the job a few times using append, I get 1 and only one new row in for each run and when I test the read - it reads multiple rows OK.

I must be missing something simple - but wouldn't have a clue where to start.

hope someone can help
regards

peter
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are there any warning messages (particularly from the ODBC driver) in the job log? What load mode are you using?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pclarebu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pclarebu »

Thanks Ray.
What happens is if I use "Write" mode it will only load the first row. The rest just disappear into the ether? There are no errors in the log - from a datastage perspective all rows are sent in. From a mysql perspective there is only one sent in. I don't know mysql well enough yet to know if there is a mysql log that might have errors but I will look at that later.

However if I switch to "upsert" - all rows go in fine. This will do for me - as I am just using mysql to test some ideas about components I am building and my pc was dying with both DS and Oracle running.

Anyway thanks of your help - that little question what mode are you writing in helped.

Regards

peter