Float Datatype handling - Conversion from dfloat to sfloat

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RudreshEswarappa
Participant

Float Datatype handling - Conversion from dfloat to sfloat

Post by RudreshEswarappa »

If there is a float field in the destination, i am getting the below error.

APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),1: Fatal Error: Accessor type "sfloat" does not match interface field type "dfloat".

If i convert it into integer, it works. But i need to convert it in to float datatype.

Can anyone help me to do this conversion??

Thanks in Adv.

Rudresh
Rudresh Eswarappa
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't need to do anything, provided that the number supplied as a dfloat is small enough to be represented as sfloat. (It is the possibility that it may not be that you are being alerted to.) If you are 100% certain of this, add a message handler to demote the alert to informational.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RudreshEswarappa
Participant

But the job fails on execution, though both the source as well the destination are of type float.

The error message given is

APT_CombinedOperatorController,2: Fatal Error: Accessor type "sfloat" does not match interface field type "dfloat".

Everything is fine in the job, Can anything be done about it".

Regards

Rudresh
Rudresh Eswarappa
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disable operator combination and find out where the error is occurring. That may yield some ideas.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RudreshEswarappa
Participant

Sorry again.

"I am using ODBC enterprise as my source, and here i do not have any options for Disable operator combination.

I have already disabed the schema reconciliation by setting to 'NO' both 'fail on type mismatch' and ' fail on size mismatch'. "

Its the same result. I have got it to work now by converting the datatype at the destination table to Int.

Regards
Rudresh
Rudresh Eswarappa
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You have APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION available.