Unhandled failure (1) encountered calling routine DSU.Execu

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Magesh_bala
Participant

Unhandled failure (1) encountered calling routine DSU.Execu

Post by Magesh_bala »

Hi All,

When i try to execute the sh script using the DSU.ExecuteScript routine, Its aborted.

Error message

JobControl (@removeInputFiles): Controller problem: Unhandled failure (1) encountered calling routine DSU.ExecuteScript

Can some one please respond for it.

Regards Magesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your ExecuteScript routine is returning the value 1.

Presumably somewhere in the routine the statement Ans = 1 exists, and is being executed in this case.

Conventionally a non-zero exit status in UNIX/Windows indicates other than a successful completion. DataStage extends this convention to the value returned by routines.

Find out why your routine is executing an eAns = 1 statement and you will probably have solved this problem.

Or handle it in your job control code (a custom trigger on the Routine activity is suggested).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

"DSU.ExecuteScript" is a user-written DataStage BASIC routine. Since someone at your site wrote it and you didn't post the code, you will have little chance of getting a solution as it stands.

Since you posted this as a PX problem, the routine in question can ony be a before- or after- subroutine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... or a job sequence that runs parallel jobs.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Magesh_bala
Participant

Post by Magesh_bala »

Is it because of the access problem???
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is "the access problem"?
Magesh_bala
Participant

Post by Magesh_bala »

Might be the Sh file has got restricted access for other user, I was getting this problem since i have changed user id and password
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

WHAT "sh file"? We're talking about a DataStage routine here.

Because you have not posted that code, we can not determine where the return value of 1 is coming from. Therefore, in light of that unwillingness, YOU have to be the detective.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't see the need to see any code. You've got a Sequence job with a Routine Activity stage that returns a non-zero value and when 'automatically handle' is enabled without the proper triggers that is considered 'unhandled' and the job aborts. All documented in the online help and discussed here ad nauseum.

Searching the forums for a generic portion of the error - "Controller problem: Unhandled failure" for example - will reveal those conversations.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers