Runtime column definition for Oracle Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

piyu
Participant

Runtime column definition for Oracle Stage

Post by piyu »

Hi,

Apologise if I am repeating a previously posted query. My search has not yeilded any results.

Is there anyway to provide runtime column defintion for Oracle source stage? I have over 200 tables to be loaded which read from Oracle table itself and simply do an insert to another table. Is there anything like schema files (of sequential file stage) for Oracle by which I could avoid creating multiple jobs?

Currently the extract and load has been implemented using Perl scripting and needs to be converted to Datastage.

Thanks.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

first you have to enable runtime column propogartion in datastage administrator. after that when you open the job in designer you will find a check box for runtime column propogation in the column tab on the oracle stage output tab.
piyu
Participant

Post by piyu »

Let me clarify:

The source stage metadata needs to be supplied at runtime as well.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

Let me clarify:

that is what called, runtime column propogation
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

piyu wrote:Let me clarify:

Has anyone actually verified that? On one class that I attended it was asserted that RCP enabled yielded the same result as "SELECT * FROM tablename" at least when using the Enterprise stage types. This was given as a warning - you can get badly burned if the table has 15,000 columns! But I have never tested it, and am not currently in a position to be able to do so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.