Enabling NLS locale in column export stage-urgent help!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dscon9128
Participant

Enabling NLS locale in column export stage-urgent help!!

Post by dscon9128 »

Hi,

[b]"Column_Export_177,1: Invalid character conversion found converting to ISO-8859-1, substituting. [nls/converter.C:827]"[/b]

I am trying to ftp a text file to a server. My job has a Teradata stage ,followed by a transformer and then an FTP stage. The TD stage and the ftp stage are both utf-8 enabled. When I run this job,the text file on the server displays all the foreign characters in this setup.

However my new requirement is to use a column export stage before the ftp stage (TD->Trnsformer->column exp-> FTP) and under the new scenario,I get the above mentioned error.
I am not able to locate any settings in the column export which could help me enable utf-8. As a result, I am not able to see any of the special characters in the text file.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

dscon9128....
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What happens if you try to specify "unicode" in the extended attributes column for strings?

[edit]
I just saw that you used the term "urgent" - If I had seen that before responding I would have urgently gone on to another topic.
[/edit]