TeraData DS Version Compatability

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venkatvelpula
Participant

TeraData DS Version Compatability

Post by venkatvelpula »

Right now, we are using DS v7.5 and TD v12.0. As per as I know, DS v7.5 doesn't support TD TPT and TD only supplies TPT and related operators with TD12.0.

Is anybody know, How will DSv7.5 fit wtih TDv12.0 utilities?
venkatvelpula
Participant

Post by venkatvelpula »

Any Ideas?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Contact your support peoples, ask them.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

TPT became available in TTU 8.1 Edition 2, but it is only supported by the Teradata Connector which is only available in Information Server 8.0.1 FP 1.

I think Teradata 12 may only have been certified with IS 8.0.1 (excluding the Teradata Connector), but chances are it will work with 7.5, since the CLIv2 and utilities are pretty good about being upward compatible. Check with your IBM support to be certain.
venkatvelpula
Participant

Post by venkatvelpula »

All utilities are bundled up in TPT. We don't have separate utilities for teradata.

Is that true?
DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

As far as Teradata Tools & Utilities (TTU) v12 are concerned, they include the all-in-one TPT utlitiy as well as the stand-alone load/unload utilities from previous versions (BTEQ, Fastexport, Multiload, Fastload). So essentially, if you're using DataStage 7.5.2 with Teradata 12, you'll still be able to use the existing TD Utilities such as Multiload via the appropriate Stages. However, in case of TPT, you'll need to switch to DataStage v8 and use the Teradata Connector Stage. Whether DataStage v8 supports TPT 12 is another question, one for which I'm looking for an answer as well. :roll: But I've tested the Teradata Connector stage with TPT 8.1 and it works fine.
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

I have not installed the Teradata 12 client, but as far as I know the original utilities have not been decommissioned. They are still available in addition to the TPT. In TTU 8, the utilities were on the Load-Unload vol. 1 CD. I assume the same is true in Teradata 12.
venkatvelpula
Participant

Post by venkatvelpula »

Thanks guys. We have just started with teradata. In our case, we don't have existing utilites. we are planning to use utilities like fast load, multi load and fast export. Looks like, they are not available separately in TD V12.0

Let's me know, any helpful info from anybody.
toshea
Participant

Post by toshea »

The Teradata client consists of several CDs. What are the CD titles that came with your Teradata 12 client? Are there a couple titled Load-Unload? The one titled Load-Unload vol. 1 is the one that has the utilities such as fastload, mload, tpump, and fexp.