Record <>in file DS_ROUTINES is read-only and cannot b

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

z035011
Premium Member
Premium Member

Record <>in file DS_ROUTINES is read-only and cannot b

Post by z035011 »

I am trying to delete or rename one routine ...but I am getting the below error.

"Record <>in file DS_ROUTINES is read-only and cannot be rename"

I am using datastage admin ID ...
Can any one help me waht is the issue and how can i delete or edit the routine
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Is this a protected project or a system routine? If so, it is best not to try to rename it. If you export this routine, then edit the .dsx export file and change the readonly attribute and then re-import it you will have effectively changed the status and can then rename it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Routines that are supplied with DataStage are read-only because the vendor and support folks expect to be able to find them and to find that they behave as documented. So don't delete any of these.

If you (someone at your site) has made some of your site's other routines read-only, then this should be a simple matter to undo. First find the culprit and ascertain the reason for the read-only status - it might be important.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
z035011
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by z035011 »

this routine was exported as a read only..thatswhy we are getting this error.
As of now the project is in unprotected mode but we are not able to edit the routine...
what can be the solution....?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How does one "export as read-only"? :?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.