Exporting datastage jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

psdsdev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Exporting datastage jobs

Post by psdsdev »

What is the difference between exporting into executable jobs and exporting into .dsx while exporting datastage jobs only
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

your question is very clear
"exporting into executable jobs"

the job design or executable is exported into a file, generally dsx file
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't export INTO executable jobs. Though you can export executable jobs (also called job executables).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
psdsdev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by psdsdev »

My Question is

difference between export job executable ( In manger export -> executable job) and exporting datastage components
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Exporting a job executable executes only the job executable (not its design) so that, in the project into which it is imported, the job can not be re-designed, it can only be run.

Exporting DataStage components allows you to select what to export, which can include both designs and executables (in different lists).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.