Transferring Output file to another server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsx999
Participant

Transferring Output file to another server

Post by dsx999 »

Hi, My requirement here is to transfer an output seq file to another server. What is the effective way to do this ? Any suggestions pls..

My job is simple... it is creating a small seqential file as target and now I want this to be transferred to another server, possibly in the same job. I think, I can use FTP stage but I require a copy of the file in my DS Server also. Can I do this using an after job shell command? If yes, can somebody advise?
dsx-user
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Using "ftp" would be the simplest method. You can use a copy stage to create 2 outputs in your job, one going to FTP and the other to a local output file. Or create the output file and then use an after-job call or a script to FTP that file to the remote machine.
varaprasad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by varaprasad »

Can we do this in a single call (shell command) without creating any scripts?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Yes, it can be done. FTP is one of those tricky commands, as it takes several lines of input. I've found that each UNIX implementation has a slightly different syntax or method of doing this. I would use google and your flavor to find examples.