WebSphere MQ connectors

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mattias.klint
Premium Member
Premium Member

WebSphere MQ connectors

Post by mattias.klint »

Hello,

I can not connect to the queue manager and get error 2059. I'm using the Client mode. I have checked that all parameters are correct. I hardcoded them.

It worked perfect before the port was changed on the MQ-server. Am I supposed to change this somewhere? I cannot find that configuration.

Thanks,
Mattias
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you connect to the queue manager from the command line mqm utilities or from your workstation using MQJExplorer/mqmon? I would confirm from there first before worrying that the error is in DS.
mattias.klint
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mattias.klint »

I dont know how to do that, if you have time to guide me I will be grateful.

thanks,
Mattias
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I use MQJExplorer a lot to explore and modify MQ contents. The UNIX command line utilities can also be used, I don't recall the exact commands but they can be found in the MQ /bin directory.
mattias.klint
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mattias.klint »

Hi, thanks

I'm not able to install any other applications, because of the client. I'm not able to connect to the MQ, but I'm probably not doing it right.

But what about the port on the MQ-server beeing changed, from 1414 to 1421, dont I have to specify that somewhere in DS?

/M
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No, not in DataStage; this is an MQ client issue - DataStage only wants to know the queue manager name and the client takes care of the rest. This is like Oracle connectivity where the connection details are in the "tnsnames.ora" file (but in MQ it isn't quite as simple, and I don't know where I would look for it in MQ). But you should have an MQ administrator who can answer the client connectivity questions for you.

On my system, the command "/opt/mqm/bin/dspmq" displays the queues,
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I forgot to add that MQJExporer is a java app that doesn't need to be installed.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Yes, you must change your MQ Connector's Connection name from 1414 to 1421, i.e. yourserver(1414) to yourserver(1421).
mattias.klint
Premium Member
Premium Member

MQConnectorPX

Post by mattias.klint »

Thanks for your answer.

It doesnt seem to work, I'm supposed to do this inside the MQConnectorPX stage, right? Using a parameter?

Unfortunately I can not put any more time in to this, my boss says no, he has some kind of work around, in the MQ-server side, I think they made two diffrent queue's in the MQ-server, one transfering the connection to the other, therefore I will mark this as a workaround even if I cant post the solution.

Thank you all for your help.

//Mattias