Executables of dependent Jobs could not be exported

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

joffijoy
Participant

Executables of dependent Jobs could not be exported

Post by joffijoy »

Hi,

I am tring to export the Job Design and executables of a Master Job and its dependent jobs from Project to another. I tried using Export from Menu and Command line. What I got in both case was Job designs for Master Job and all its dependent Jobs, but only Job executable for the Master was exported.

How Can I export both Job Design and Executables for all Jobs( master and all its dependent Jobs) ginving only Master job as input.

Thank you,
Joffi Joy.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As far as I know, you'll need to do them separately and keep appending to the .dsx output file.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You should be able to select them from Quick Find (or maybe Advanced Search), in which you should be able to select all the executables you need.

This feature is a little publicized yet long-awaited one. Prior to version 8 you had to work the way Craig indicated.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
joffijoy
Participant

Post by joffijoy »

ray.wurlod wrote:You should be able to select them from Quick Find (or maybe Advanced Search), in which you should be able to select all the executables you need.

This feature is a little publicized yet long-awaite ...

Thanks Ray, you are awesome. It Worked!

Thank you,
Joffi.