Load the data by using Dynamic RDBMS Stage in the SQLSERVER

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Load the data by using Dynamic RDBMS Stage in the SQLSERVER

Post by cnu »

Hi:

I am using the Dynamic RDBMS Stage to load the data in SQL SERVER database in the target side.

My requirement is inserting the new records only.
For example im getting the 12 records from source, but 10 records already therein the target table,i have to insert only 2 records means ignore the existing records,no need updation also for existing records.

Please advice me which property can i choose from the updateaction combo in the Dynamic RDBMS Stage .

Thanks in advance
cnu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, this rule says to generate INSERT statements only. It will attempt to process all the rows that you send to the stage.

YOU have to organize that only the new rows reach the stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cnu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cnu »

Ray !!

Thank you so much,Can i select " INSERT NEW ROWS ONLY" from the update property Combo ,I think this will insert new rows only.

Thanks
cnu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you don't mind all the errors that are generated when you send rows that already exist in the table, yes.

Make sure that you don't send these rows.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.