upsert option in oracle enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagedw
Participant

upsert option in oracle enterprise stage

Post by datastagedw »

Helo All,

We have a requirement wherein I have to use upsert option while writing into oracle enterprise stage. Since my requirement is to update some already existing records based on some where clause and once those existing records are updated, the insert should take place, so I have taken 'update then insert' option. But somehow I feel its not working properly. Can anyone let me know whether there is any limitation with oracle enterprise stage while using upsert option. Does it really work properly and gives us the desired results. i have gone through some posts regarding the same, but could not come to any conclusion. Or shall we have to use two different oracle stages and try to do updates in one stage and inserts in another. if we do that way is there any way I can make sure that the stage doing updates runs first followed by the stage doing inserts.

We are struggling with this since long, can anyone help with any suggestions.

Please suggest.
ETL DEVELOPER
cppwiz
Participant

Post by cppwiz »

Change your upsert to be update only. Then you can change the option on your upsert stage to Output Rejects = True and send your inserts down the reject link. Then add a separate stage to do your inserts. This is in the DX436 training manual as the recommended best practice for performance when you have mostly updates and very few inserts.