list of files in a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ramkarthik
Participant

list of files in a job

Post by ramkarthik »

Can anyone provide me the unix command for getting the list of all the input and output files(including datasets and filesets) used in a job???
ramkarthik
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Certainly. There isn't one.

The DataStage repository is a database so, in the same sense that there's no UNIX command for getting information out of, say, Oracle tables, there's no UNIX command for getting information out of the DataStage repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ramkarthik
Participant

thank you

Post by ramkarthik »

i am aware of repository in datastage (Universe database). Jobs,routines,shared containers and table defenitions are stored in repository then how will i get the list of files in a job? and file is not a job object
ramkarthik
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's the $64 million dollar question, isn't it? Further, your quest may be hampered by use of parameterized directory/folder names and/or file names. So it becomes a very complex query indeed.

Probably the easiest thing to do is to generate a job report (using dsjob -report command), and to parse the file name properties out of that. Search for the string "File name:" (for files) in the job report, and extract the remainder of each such line.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ramkarthik
Participant

Post by ramkarthik »

i am looking for file names with their directory that are read from or written to the seq file stages/filesets/datasets in a datastage job
ramkarthik
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... and I showed you one way to do that.

Premium membership is not expensive, at less than 30c (Rs12) per day.