Column Description

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Column Description

Post by Raftsman »

Is there a way to use user defined SQL and not have the columns defined in the column descriptor. The reason I ask is, we are using some custom sequel and find it a pain to manually type the column names and datatypes. Is there a simpler way.

Thanks
Jim Stewart
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

if you enable RCP, it may work but depends how your job is defined, it may be more painful for later stages in the job.
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

In DecisionStream, the columns would be derived by the product when the sequel was run. I enabled RCP but I needed to define one column to view the data and only that column is displayed.
Jim Stewart
Alokby
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Column Description

Post by Alokby »

Build your sql in two steps: First step is to build your sql ( Using Read Method) using SQL Builder generated SQL; this step will provide you with columns so you do not have to type them manually. Second step is to change the Read Method to User-defined SQL, then keep the columns part and modify the rest of the sql statement.