Using dsexport in v8

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SettValleyConsulting
Premium Member
Premium Member

Using dsexport in v8

Post by SettValleyConsulting »

Anyone got the 'single job' export to work in Version 8?

I have a script that among other things exports a named job, then imports the dsx into a target project and recompiles. Except in Version 8, the dsexport command fails with a window informing me .....

Code: Select all

Run time error '91'

Object Variable or With block variable not set
(which error I seem to recall from my days as a VB developer!) Here's the relevant part of the batch file

Code: Select all

SET DSExportCmd=C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\DsExport.exe 

SET Domain=braeval:9080
SET Host=littlemill
SET User=clarkep4
SET Password=[censored]
SET Job=%1
SET Project=misa_dev_2a

Echo Exporting %Job%

%DSExportCmd% /D=%Domain% /H=%Host% /U=%User% /P=%Password% /JOB=%Job% %Project% %Job%.dsx 
%1 is passed as the Job Name. Am I doing something obviously dumb?
Phil Clarke
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

I have used this and it works but I would adhere to the export in designer as it is robust and simple to use.
Jim Stewart
SettValleyConsulting
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SettValleyConsulting »

Designer Export is fine, but my script is intended to do a lot more than just export - it will ultimately interact with a source code control process and it is irritating that I cannot include the export step in the batch, especially as it worked fine in v7.5.

Do you have an example of a command line that works, in case I am doing something wrong with the params?
Phil Clarke
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

There is no /JOB argument for dscmdexport. Besides your host needs to add the port number, e.g. littleemial:31538.
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

The server port number can be omitted if the default is still in use, so this command looks fine.

Please note that this will also include dependent objects of the Job, and if any are ReadOnly you will get a GUI dialog box after export to say that they were omitted from the export.

I suspect that your VB error is a peculiarity of this job and needs investigation by your support provider.