Login and continue working with DS8.0.1, if Node-agents down

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satish_valavala
Participant

Login and continue working with DS8.0.1, if Node-agents down

Post by satish_valavala »

Can we login and continue working (save/compile/Run) with DataStage 8.0.1 Designer/Director, when ASBNode agent(s) is down. If yes or no why?

Regards
VS
Regards
VS
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

If ASBNode is down, your Webspere App. Server's security is going to fail you.
satish_valavala
Participant

That is true. Can we continue working on existing connection and do save/compile/run jobs. Can we make new logins/connections.
Regards
VS
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

No new login once the ASBNode is down. As to existing login, you probably will encounter weird error messages when saving the jobs.

If I were you, I will spend more time to get ASBNode back up running instead of trying to figure out whethere you are still able to work on your jobs.
satish_valavala
Participant

We intentionally brought-down the ASB Node Agent(s) (for test). Tried login/continue working with DS8.0.1 Designer/Director. We have successfully logged-in and continued working with DS8.0.1 Designer/Director save/compile/run jobs, with ASB Node Agent down. We are wondering that how is this possible.
Regards
VS
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hmm...lucky you. However, in my Grid environment, I got an error thrown by Java.security.auth.login.....Exception.

I think with your case becasue all needed .ear files are still loaded by the Webspere App. Server.