Load error into Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mark_E
Premium Member
Premium Member

Load error into Oracle

Post by Mark_E »

Hi,

Im currently trying to load into a Oracle table from a dataset but receive the following error:

The call to sqlldr failed; the return code = 32,768;
please see the loader logfile: E:/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Scratch/ora.7416.323000.1.log for details.

Although it says see the above log file, for some reason the log file isn't created.

I'm using datastage v8 on a windows operating system.

Has anyone experienced anything smilar or have any information on what this could be?

Thanks in advance
mark_e
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I would suggest you search your server system for files matching the pattern "*7416.323000*" - perhaps the log file(s) are in a different location.
Mark_E
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mark_E »

Hi,

Looking at some previously generated log files they just contain table information and rows loaded etc so i'm not so sure if it will hold any key information as to why it's not being loaded.

has anyone come across this error before.

i shall certainly search for the file as you suggested
mark_e
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search also for bad file(s), possibly on the scratch disk for the partition indicated in any error message.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Mark_E
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mark_E »

hi,

there doesn't seem to be any log file created for the run and no error files are being created either in the Scratch area. the only error message i get is the one regarding the log file which it can't find.

i wonder if something has changes with the configuration or something along those lines, not sure

thanks
mark_e
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Mark_E wrote:Looking at some previously generated log files they just contain table information and rows loaded etc so i'm not so sure if it will hold any key information as to why it's not being loaded.
They will if something goes wrong, you must be looking at logs from successful loads. Any "bad" file will just hold the rejected records, but the "log" file will contain the reason(s) for the rejections.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sureshabbisetti
Participant

Post by sureshabbisetti »

Hi Mark,

I am facing the same problem while loading data into oracle table. I got the solution from previous posts.

Add the Environmental variable $APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS and give the default value OPTIONS(DIRECT=FALSE,PARALLEL=TRUE).

If this solution is wrong please correct me, but my job was successfully loaded after adding this environment variable.

Regards
Suresh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That would entirely depend on the nature of the problem being solved.
-craig

trigbert
Participant

Post by trigbert »

We have been suffering the exact same "The call to sqlldr failed; the return code = 32,768;" error for a few days.

Our jobs started running today. Not saying the comments below is the fix but its what we discovered is happening, and its an odd one so be interested if there are any similarities/coincidences with the OP's issue.

At the time it started working again I was in event viewer checking for errors and by coincidence I noticed that our Mcafee virus scanner had re-enabled itself. We had disabled the Mcafee services last week manually to try and resolve some performance issues on the server.

So to test I disabled Mcafee again and low and behold we get the sqlldr errors and log cannot be accessed. Enabled and the jobs run through. :shock:

So for our problem we have tracked this down to disabling McAfee virusscan on the server. Who knows why, might have understood it if it was the other way around. :?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome! :D

Thanks for posting that. Actually, we've seen a number of odd problems posted here caused by running antivirus on a Windows based ETL server, it seems to eat things that upset running jobs. :wink:
-craig

Mark_E
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mark_E »

Thanks for all your posts and assisstance guys, the virus issue was the main problem. issue resolved.
mark_e