Lookup binding error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ketanshah123
Participant

Lookup binding error

Post by ketanshah123 »

Hi
In my parallel job while doing lookup between a dataset and some db2 tabe getting following error

lkp,0: When binding input interface field "XYZ" to field "XYZ": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
a fatal runtime error could occur;
use a modify operator to specify the value to which the null should be
converted

How to remove this error ? from where this error is coming i.e. from input dataset or referenced lookup db2 tables.?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look at your design - is XYZ nullable on either of the inputs and not nullable on the output? If your lookup failed rule is Continue, it must be nullable both on the reference input and on the output, because it will be null in the case that the lookup fails.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ketanshah123
Participant

Post by ketanshah123 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Look at your design - is XYZ nullable on either of the inputs and not nullable on the output? If your lookup failed rule is Continue, it must be nullable both on the reference input and on the output ...

thks