Datastage log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pat_raman2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage log

Post by pat_raman2000 »

Ours is secured environment and teh client doesn't want post production to access datastage client.How to get teh job logs in this scenario .Or can we have client with read only access (not even datastage operator role where in tehy can run the job)
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If the UNIX command line isn't available either, then schedule a regular DataStage job which creates output text files from the logs and FTPs or mails them out.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Seems like you'll need to arrange to have the logs automatically exported after every run and put somewhere in this secured environment that people do have access to. Or perhaps loaded into a logging database or, as Arnd notes, emailed or otherwise delivered to the proper folks.

The standard reponse to "how in the heck do I do that?" is to go to Kim Duke's website and download ETLStats from his Tips page. It should give you an enormous leg up on the process. Or whittle something up yourself. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pat_raman2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pat_raman2000 »

Production support will have access to unix command line .Can u let me know the unix commands which will take the log out and give it in readble format
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

U hasn't logged in for quite a while, and may not even have the knowledge that you have requested him to provide.

The second person personal pronoun is spelled "you" in English.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.