Again Join Stage (Data Error)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gopinath
Participant

Again Join Stage (Data Error)

Post by Gopinath »

Hi,

Iam just Joining two Datasets with single Key column using JOIN stage. The Data has been verified for NULL, TRIM etc. The output of Join is giving 0 records but iam having 3matching records.

Iam getting the same three matching records in Backend Query, while using Lookup stage but whats the problem in Join stage.

I tried to change with sequential mode(JOIN Stage), then iam getting the matching records but i beleive this is not advisable coz of huge volume of Data. Am i right here...

One of my dataset having millions of records and another is having in thousands...

If i use Lookup stage for this scenario since it's working fine but in actual scenario the both Datasets is going to give Millions of records.

I tried giving partition but same problem like no HIT or few matching records is coming etc..

Awaiting for experts reply..

Thanks,
M Gopinath
Gopinath
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

Looks like a partition problem to me. What partition have you used? Use hash partition on key fields on both links to the join.
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond
Gopinath
Participant

Post by Gopinath »

mahadev.v wrote:Looks like a partition problem to me. What partition have you used? Use hash partition on key fields on both links to the join.

Hi,
NIce to get a reply from you.. Thanks..

ya its partition problem only, i have tried using Hash partition then iam getting 2records out of the 3matching records...

Any other option to be used..
Gopinath
ersunnys
Participant

Post by ersunnys »

Gopinath wrote:
mahadev.v wrote:Looks like a partition problem to me. What partition have you used? Use hash partition on key fields on both links to the join.

Hi,

ya its partition problem only, i have tried using Hash partition then iam getting 2records out of the 3matching records...

Gopi,

Use Hash partition in Join stage for both input links with sort on Key column.

Sunny
Regards,
Sunny Sharma.
Gopinath
Participant

Post by Gopinath »

ersunnys wrote:
Gopinath wrote:

Hi,

Gopi,

Use Hash partition in Join stage for both input links with sort on Key column.

Sunny

Hi,
I have used Has partition but not getting complete matching records..
Iam getting 2records out of the 3matching records as i have replied in previous post..
Gopinath
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

if hash partition on join keys not working then something unusual happening there.
do you have any char or varchar column in join keys?
Gopinath
Participant

Post by Gopinath »

keshav0307 wrote:if hash partition on join keys not working then something unusual happening there.
do you have any char or varchar column in join keys?
HI,

The Join column is Varchar column and i have handled TRIM and NULL function in extract query itself and also in the Intermediate Transformers..
Gopinath
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

Can you identify the 3rd record? See what exactly is coming into the Join Stage. Maybe a copy, filter and a peek stage on each link would do. And how are you handling the null in the key field (Since you mentioned TRIM and NULL)?
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

does the type and length of columns in both input links are same?