sql load per node instead of all nodes at once

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

i have written an oracle table into dataset through 4 nodes. so the data is stored in 4 partitions. Is it possible to load the data through one node after the other instead of all 4 nodes at once? Bcoz i am thinking the error ora-00054 (resource busy) is causing because of this. No one is accessing this table nor it is opened in a toad session. Please suugest me about this...it is very urgent for me. It is happening to almost all the tables that i am loading and no one is accessing these tables.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

on the output oracle stage...i am truncating and loading but i want to set the partitioning tab to "ordered". but i don't see this option...it is explained in the parallel job dev guide.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Because the Data Set is stored on four nodes it can only be read from those four nodes, typically with the same configuration file as the one with which the data were written.

You can bring the data together by forcing your Oracle Enterprise stage to execute in sequential mode, and using Sort/Merge as the collection algorithm to preserve any sorted order that exists in the Data Set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
munch9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by munch9 »

If it is the multiple nodes executing at the same time causing locking issues you could try adding PARALLEL=TRUE to APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS to allow multiple loads to run concurrently.
girija
Participant

Post by girija »

Hi,

Its little bit confusing. What are you doing? Are you writing data into Oracle table from Dataset? If you writing data into oracle table and before that truncating the target table you need to synchronize your process, means truncate first and until and unless truncation finished no data will be inserted into the target table. Not only that, if you using bitmap index
in your target table, make them disable first and load the data.