ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Deepaknkin
Premium Member
Premium Member

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

Post by Deepaknkin »

I have a Parallel Job which was running fine for 8 months its uses ORACLE Enterprise stage ; all of a sudden it has failed with the error

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel error. I tried again re-running this Job after a while even then its failing with the same error

The Query used below is the valid one. And moreover when I try to connect to Oracle through command line (SQLPLUS ) is connects to database and can also run this below query. But the Job fails with the below error

Ora_Cust_Metr: GenericQuery:esqlErrorHandler
Describe select failed for: GenericStmt_5
query is: select NVL(max(CUSTOMERMETER_WID),0) CUSTOMERMETER_WID,786 DUMMY from MLSDWPROD.PB_MWEB_CUST_METER_D
sqlcode is: -3113
esql complaint: ORA--3113: Message -3113 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA
Deepak
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Have you changed anything in DataStage or on the server? Do you have other DataStage jobs that connect to this Oracle instance and are they working or also failing? Have you talked to your Oracle DBA to see if he/she can find something amiss in the database?
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

did you check connecting in the sqlplus from all nodes.
Deepaknkin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Deepaknkin »

ArndW wrote:Have you changed anything in DataStage or on the server? Do you have other DataStage jobs that connect to this Oracle instance and are they working or also failing? Have you talked to your Oracle DBA to see if he/she can find something amiss in the database?

Nothing has changed, there are other jobs which can access this database on this job I can coonect to database, and also can not preview the record this also gives the same error
Deepak
Deepaknkin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Deepaknkin »

keshav0307 wrote:did you check connecting in the sqlplus from all nodes.

We only one node, And Ichecked it from there it working fine,I am able to connect to database and execute the query
Deepak
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you change your query to "select CUSTOMERMETER_WID from MLSDWPROD.PB_MWEB_CUST_METER_D" with just one column defined and do a "view data" does it work?
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

Is yor SQL Plus test being run from the server?
The error you're getting is an Oracle error and is quite a generic error in that it could be anything that causes it. Something must have changed in your server/network environment. Find that and you'll find the answer.
Deepaknkin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Deepaknkin »

ArndW wrote:If you change your query to "select CUSTOMERMETER_WID from MLSDWPROD.PB_MWEB_CUST_METER_D" with just one column defined and do a "view data" does it work? ...

Yes its working Fine, when i change the Query.
Deepak
ponzio
Participant

Post by ponzio »

Hi everybody.
I've the same error ORA-03113, but my problem is that it happens only when the job is scheduled in the night.During the day when I run my sequence it works fine.

Can someone help me.
Thanks,
Andrea
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So that's not the same problem, and therefore warrants a new thread.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ponzio
Participant

Post by ponzio »

The oracle error is the same ...
Should I create a new thread ?
Last edited by ponzio on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Courtesy tip: do not hijack threads with unrelated questions. Start a new thread.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.