Error message in RTI Agent Log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

blitz76
Participant

Error message in RTI Agent Log

Post by blitz76 »

Hi
One of our RTI jobs aborted .
On running the job again, it ran fine.
We have had this for quite some time now.have not noticed any pattern in the failures.

I am trying to find the root cause with a view to adressing it.
Investigations led me to the the entries in the RTI Agent log.
A part of it is copied below:
2008-07-11 08:00:56,830 [1215345401124_PRS] ERROR com.ascentialsoftware.rti.agent.handler.datastage.PipeReceiver - [1215345401124_PRS]error during call to init: dspipe_init(3035188): open(/tmp/ade.WHSE_DIST_TST.ds_get_customs_class.1215345401124.RTI_OUT) - No such file or directory

Would appreciate any help in understanding the above error message/stes that I can take to prevent such failures in the future.I am sure you willl agree with me when I say that it is not easy to understand.
Did not have any problems with other jobs, so I am inclined to think that the /tmp was not full.

Saw some posts with the similar topics but they were old and inconclusive.Hence posting this new thread.
Warm Regards
Ameet
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you be totally sure that /tmp has not become full even ever so transiently?

Can you set the path of the temporary directory to somewhere else?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
blitz76
Participant

Post by blitz76 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Can you be totally sure that /tmp has not become full even ever so transiently?

Can you set the path of the temporary directory to somewhere else? ...

I cannot be totally sure that the /tmp was not full.It may have been full for that one point of time.

If there is a strong justification for doing so,I can convince the administrators to change the path of the temp directory.