DataStage EE installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

databind
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage EE installation

Post by databind »

Hello,
I would like to install and configure DataStage 8(EE) on Windows2003 server.

Which one of the following methods is better???:
1) Install DataStage 8
2) Install DataStage 7.x and upgrade it to ver. 8

Would you please help with any documentation by installation and configuration of DS EE ver.8 and migrattion of projects(jobs) from DS ServerEdition ver 7.5 to DS EE ver.8?

Thank you!!!
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

I think its better to install the 8.0 version from scratch rather than upgarding 7 to 8 version.The architecture of 8.0.1 is entirely different compared to 7.5x2 version.Now we are getting it as a suite rather than isolated version.

For installation process , you will have everything in detail in the pdf that comes with the software.

Thank you
Nag
satish_valavala
Participant

Post by satish_valavala »

Take full backups of DS7.5.2 projects, configuration files, settings, dsenv,datasets / hashed files(if any)/flat files, and other necessary unix files/file systems which are related to projects. Better follow "Complete method" which was mentioned in "Migration to IBM Information Server Version 8" document.
Regards
VS
satish_valavala
Participant

Post by satish_valavala »

You can aslo refer "IBM Information Server Planning, Installation and Configuration Guide" document.
Regards
VS
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can install side by side. Change your 7.5x2 to use a different shared memory key.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.