ETL FRAMEWORK

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kishorebhulokam
Participant

ETL FRAMEWORK

Post by kishorebhulokam »

Hi All,

Can any One Please send me the ETL FRAMEWORK document or any Inputs how to start working on this...

Thanks in Advance...
kishore
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

I am not aware of the existence of this title. Can you please provide more information? Searching the IBM website or the Informatica website or The Data Warehousing Institute website may provide some of the information you are seeking.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kishorebhulokam
Participant

it tells about all the common componets using in the project like

Common Jobs,Common processing,Naming Conventions,Parameter Control,Error Handling and Alerting.....

Thanks
kishore
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It would probably help if you explained where you heard about this mysterious document... was it somewhere here? :?

There is an older Ken Bland and Mike Favero document on "ETL Methodology", I'm wondering if perhaps this is what you heard about? However, it is 5 years old and Server specific but is still chocked full of good information. Perhaps there is a newer or PX version available from their website...

Otherwise, there are the pdf documents available on any client PC in the Docs folder under wherever the client software was installed. Have you been through those?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: ETL FRAMEWORK

Post by John Smith »

kishorebhulokam wrote:Hi All,

Can any One Please send me the ETL FRAMEWORK document or any Inputs how to start working on this...

Thanks in Advance...
I have it but can't send it to you cos it's all in my head :lol:
kishorebhulokam
Participant

I don't have any document on this.but my task is to create common ETL Framework for my project...
kishore
kishorebhulokam
Participant

Hi John,

is it possible to share some points with me??????
kishore
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you volunteer for this, or simply given a task that you can't fulfil? In the latter case, your "solution" may be to hire/buy the resources needed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
getsatish_gk
Participant

Re: ETL FRAMEWORK

Post by getsatish_gk »

Kiran1.b? recently came to Australia? :lol:
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

kishorebhulokam wrote:Hi John,

is it possible to share some points with me??????
i think most ETL architects worth their salt would be able to help you but not sure if any will do it for free.i concur with Ray, that your solution may be to get external help.
the other thing to remember too is that there is no "one size fits all", every organisation is different and therefore the framework (if it exists) must be tailored to suit.