MQ

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dodda
Premium Member
Premium Member

MQ

Post by dodda »

Hello

I have a file with 10 records with each record length 600 bytes. My requirement is i need to read the file and based on constraints i need to split the records into two streams and write them into 2 MQs.

The approach we adopted was to first split the records and write them into two intermediate MQ queues and then from intermediate MQ to target MQ.

when i run the first job from file to intermediate i need to write the splitted records as whole single message but not each record as single message. I opened MQ input tab and under general section i changed rows per message option to 100000 and i could see i single message. but all the splitted records in a single line ( ex: after splitting 5 records were populated into MQ as a single line with total lenght of 3000 as each record is 600). Is there a way that i can populate the records in 5 lines rather than single line into Intermediate Queue? And also While reading the records from intermediate queue to target i am not able to read the whole message as a single message. Are there any options i need to check.

Thanks