Data Conversion warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yarlly
Participant

Data Conversion warning

Post by yarlly »

Hi all,

I am trying to convert the source data type from Varchar to decimal and am using the Modify stage. I am getting this warning

When checking operator: When binding output interface field "column_nmae" to field "column_name": Implicit conversion from source type "ustring[max=10]" to result type "decimal[1,0]": Converting ustring to decimal.

Can you please suggest me how can i Handle this

Thanks
yar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Doesn't seem like you have the decimal portion set up correctly: result type "decimal[1,0]" won't hold the contents of a 10 character string, hence the message.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
yarlly
Participant

Post by yarlly »

Hi Chulett,

Thanks for the reply, But I am Converting from varchar to decimal in the "Modify Stage" I am using the following Specification in Modify Stage

Column_Name:decimal = handle_null(Column_Name,0).

Please let me know if this Specification is correct.

Thanks
yar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the input column is a string, then there is no implicit conversion to decimal. You need decimal_from_string() function.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.