IS8 Director Run-time error '429'

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cundyp
Premium Member
Premium Member

IS8 Director Run-time error '429'

Post by cundyp »

[b]Scenario: [/b]Both DataStage 7.5.2, IS8 and Multi Client Manager were installed on my pc. SAP R3, BW and SAP GUI
were also installed.

I uninstalled all products then performed the cleanup outlined by IBM.

I installed the Information Server 8.0.1 client then the RU10 client patch.

When launching DataStage Director directly or thru Designer i get a
Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object.

DataStage Designer and Administrator are working.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you try switching versions with the MCM back and forth one time to see if that might initialize a library.
cundyp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Installed only IS8

Post by cundyp »

I eliminated MCM and DS 7.5.2 from the reinstall and installed only IS8 and the RU10 Patch.
cundyp
Premium Member
Premium Member

IBM Resolution:

Post by cundyp »

IBM (on-site) was able to resolve the issue by doing:

Using depends.exe (free download) to show the trace results from the failing and working systems side by side the point of failure showed the SmartUI2.ocx library that was not executed. The SmartUI2.ocx library was then registered.

cd C:\Windows\System32
regsvr32 SmartUI2.ocx to register the library and were then able to invoke the DataStage Director client.
Pete Cundy
Leawood, Kansas
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Thanks for posting all that - this type of information is what makes DSXchange (with the Search function) so useful to us all!
duke33d
Participant

Re: IBM Resolution:

Post by duke33d »

Thanks..

Today, I'm resolved.
cundyp wrote:IBM (on-site) was able to resolve the issue by doing:

Using depends.exe (free download) to show the trace results from the failing and working systems side by side the point of failure showed the SmartUI2.ocx library that was not executed. The SmartUI2.ocx library was then registered.

cd C:\Windows\System32
regsvr32 SmartUI2.ocx to register the library and were then able to invoke the DataStage Director client.
cundyp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Initial cause of 429 error:

Post by cundyp »

The IS8 Client, Fix Pack 1 Client, RU10 Patch Client, SAP BW Client, SAP R3 Client must all be installed after the SAP GUI.

I uninstalled the IS8 Client, Fix Pack 1 Client, RU10 Patch Client, SAP BW Client, SAP R3 Client The SAP GUI was not uninstalled.

I then reinstalled IS8 Client, Fix Pack 1 Client, RU10 Patch Client, SAP BW Client, SAP R3 Client. The DataStage Director functioned properly and the 429 error did not appear.
Pete Cundy
Leawood, Kansas